Saturday, September 10, 2011

Brocolli "Pesto" Dip

This recipe was inspired by Adam Crisis' Kale Pesto recipe that he posted on the Post Punk Kitchen forums. I simply subbed brocolli for the kale, used a bit less miso and added lemon juice. This dip has a decent amount of protein and is low in fat. It is super tasty, even omni approved! Goes well with crackers or pita, you could also use it as a spread in wraps or on a sandwich.
Brocolli "Pesto" Dip

1-2 large heads brocolli, chopped into florets and lightly steamed
1 1/2 - 2 cups walnuts
5 cloves garlic
3 tbsps nutrirional yeast
1 tbsp miso
1-2 tsp lemon juice (adjust according to tastebuds)
salt & pepper (to taste)
1/4-1/2 cup water (start with 1/4 cup & slowly add more to get the consistency you like)

Combine first 6 ingredients in food proccesor & blend. Slowly add water to get the consistency you like. Add lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste. Serve with warm pita or spread on toast, enjoy!


  1. I hadn't commented in awhile so I thought I would! I never thought of using broccoli for pesto; sounds great, and I'm much more likely to have broccoli on hand than fresh basil, etc.

  2. It sounds so yummy! How much protein do you end up with?

  3. I just made this and it is delicious!!

  4. good idea to use broccoli....Im going to try that

    -Adam Crisis